Rhodium (III) Iodide
CAS number: 15492-38-3
Chemical formula: RhI3
Metal content: 18.5—21.2%
- rhodium application on support surface;
- precursor to produce other compounds, e.g. rhodium carbonyl compounds, rhodium nitrate;
- precursor of catalyst to produce polyketone thermoplastic polymers. Developed by SRI International, USA. Pilot plant has been started by industrial conglomerate Hyosung Corporation located in South Korea; and
- catalyst of methanol carbonylation to produce acetic acid and methyl acetate. Grantor of license: Monsanto Celanese company.
Shelf life: 3 years.
- glass jars; and
- glass jars with polyethylene insert;
- polymer jars.
Articles on the use of the compound:
|Indicators||Trial Data Results|
|Appearance||Black-coloured crystalline powder|
|Mass fraction of rhodium, %||18.5—21.2|
|Mass fraction of potassium and sodium (each), %, max.||0.1|
|Solubility in acetic acid upon adding carbon dioxide at 4 atm and at temperature 100 °С, % , min.||99.75|
|Mass fraction of sulphur (S), %, max.||0.1|
|Sum of Br− + Cl−, %, max.||0.1|
|Particle size, µm, max.||150|